Popular Casino Games
Casinos offer players a huge variety of games. Some of the games are not well known to American players, such as Pai Gow or Baccarat. That said, there are several common games that are found in just about any casino, listed below:
- While bingo is not commonly found in casinos, the game is popular with millions. One well known Las Vegas casino, the Rivera, recently built a new bingo hall capable of seating thousands of players. In the US, bingo is played on cards with a 5X5 grid and 75 numbers. The first player to form a specific card pattern wins. Bingo is one of the most popular gambling games in the world.>
- Baccarat is another well-known card game. James Bond fans know that Baccarat was James Bond's favorite casino game. In Baccarat players have three options Player, Tie, and Banker. Once players have placed their bets the dealer deals two card hands. One hand is the banker hand and the other is the player hand. The hands are added up and the winning hand is the higher of the two and anyone who bet on that hand wins their wager. To learn how to play baccarat, click here.
- Wheel of fortune is a random game of chance. A giant wheel is divided into 52 sections, divided by pins. Players place bets on one of six game symbols on the game table. The wheel is spun, and when it stops, all bets placed on the winning symbol are paid.
- Keno is a lottery style game. Players select from 1 to 20 numbers from a field of 1 through 80. The player tries to match as many numbers as possible. The more numbers that are matched the higher the payout.
- Pai Gow is a form of poker that is played against the house. The dealer deals out 7 card hands to players and players try to make the best 5 card and 2 card poker hands. The hands are compared against the dealer's hand. If both hands beat the dealer the player wins. If both lose the players lose and if the dealer and the player win it is a push.
- Roulette is a very popular game and there are two versions; European and American. American roulette wheels have an extra 00 space on the wheel. There are several kinds of bets roulette players can place. Players can bet on specific numbers, even or odd, red or black and other bets are possible. To learn how to play roulette, click here.
- Slots are probably the most popular casino games. Some casinos say that about 70% of their grow income comes from slot machines. Today's slot machines have amazing graphics and animations and up to five reels. Some of the newer slot machines have interactive features. To learn how to play slots, click here.
- Blackjack is played between the player and the dealer. The idea is to get a hand as close to 21 without going over. Face cards are 10, aces can be 1 or 11 and numbered cards are counted at face value. This is a fast paced game, and is easily one of the top casino games. To learn how to play blackjack, click here.
- Craps is a very exciting dice game. Players place bets around the tables. The main focus of the game is the pass line. 7 and 11 win on this line and 2, 3 and 12 lose. The rules of craps can be somewhat confusing and it is highly recommended that new craps players consult experienced players to learn this exciting high energy game.
- Poker is generally the most popular card game in any casino. There are several game variants, such as Texas Hold Em. Most poker games have a 5 card hand and poker hands are ranked from the lowest to the highest. From lowest to highest the hands are high card, pair, two pair, three of a kind, straight, flush, full house, four of a kind, straight flush, and royal flush.To learn how to play bingo, click here.
Connect with author, Jeff Davis on Google+.